Mecilla company is a supporter and licensed trader of Fair trade cotton products. For every Fairtrade item you purchase, a premium will be deposited to the Fairtrade fund to support worldwide Fairtrade activities.
The key objectives of the Fairtrade standards are to:
Ensure that producers receive prices that cover their average costs of sustainable production; provide an additional Fair trade Premium which can be invested in projects that enhance social, economic and environmental development; enable pre-financing for producers who require it; facilitate long-term trading partnerships and enable greater producer control over the trading process; set clear core and development criteria to ensure that the conditions of production and trade of all Fair trade certified products are social, economically fair and environmentally responsible. Core requirements and development requirements Fair trade standards distinguish between core requirements, which producers must meet to be certified, and development requirements that encourage producers to continuously improve and to invest in the development of their organizations and their workers. This concept is developed for the target group of Fair trade; disadvantaged producers and workers. It encourages sustainable, social, economic and environmental development of producers and their organizations.
The following common principles are considered in all Fair trade standards applicable to small-scale producers and workers and their organizations:
為確保生產商能收取價目表以替代他們能維持生產的一般價格; 提供了優質可投資於專案的其他公平貿易以增強社會、經濟和環境開發 ; 能夠預資給有需求的生產商; 促進長期的交易夥伴關係和讓更多生產商控制交易程序; 設明確核心及開發準則來確認生產的條件, 而公平貿易的貿易認證產品是由社會、公平的經濟與環保方面去認證。 公平貿易的標準核心需求區分為核心需求和開發要求, 其中生產商必須符合認證 , 開發需求是鼓勵生產者要持續改善和投資開發的機構及其工作人員。 這個概念是針對公平貿易的目標群組; 弱勢團體生產商與工作者, 鼓勵可持續、社會、經濟和環境開發生產商及其他組織。
1) Social development:
For small-scale producers, Fair trade standards
require an organizational structure that allows the producers to actually bring a product to the market. All members of the organization need to have access to democratic decision-making processes and as far as possible participate in the activities of the organization. The organization needs to be set up in a transparent way for its members and must not discriminate any particular member or social group.
In hired labor situations the Fair trade standards require the company to bring social rights and security to its workers. Some of the core elements are: training opportunities, non-discriminatory employment practices, no child labour, no forced labour, access to collective bargaining processes and freedom of association of the workforce, condition of employment exceeding legal minimum requirements, adequate occupational safety and health conditions and sufficient facilities for the workforce to manage the Fair trade Premium.
1 ) 社會發展
關於小規模的生產商, 公平貿易標準為所需的組織結構可以允許生產商讓產品上市。 組織成員必須具有存取權限才能民主地決策流程及盡量參與組織的活動。 組織需要在透明方式設定成員和必須不歧視任何特定成員或社會群組。
在聘僱勞動人手方面, 公平貿易標準要求該公司能帶來社會權利與安全性以其工作者。 部分的核心元素當中包括 : 訓練機會、非歧視實務、沒有童工 , 不剝削人權、集體議價程序和自由勞動協會、聘僱超過法定最低需求的條件 , 適當的職業安全與健康狀況及有足夠設施的人力來管理的公平貿易價值觀。
2) Economic development:
For all products, Fair trade standards require the buyers to pay a Fair trade Minimum Price and/or a Fair trade Premium to the producers. The Fair trade Minimum Price aims to help producers cover the costs of sustainable production. The Fair trade Premium is money for the producers or for the workers on a plantation to invest in improving the quality of their lives. Premium money in this sense is meant to improve the situation of workers, farmers and local communities in health, education, environment, economy etc. The farmers or workers decide the most important priorities for themselves and manage the use of the Fair trade Premium.
Furthermore, Fair trade standards require buyers to give a financial advance on contracts, called pre-financing, if producers ask for it. This is to help producers to have access to capital and so overcome what can be one of the biggest obstacles to their development. This promotes entrepreneurship and can assist the economic development of entire rural communities.
2 ) 經濟發展 :
有關於所有產品, 公平貿易的標準是要求買家支付公平貿易的最低價格或提供優越的公平貿易到生產者。 公平交易最低價是旨協助生產商支付成本持續生產。 優越的公平貿易的金錢是由生產者或工作人員專任投資於提升品質的生活。 優越金錢觀念的意思是為了改善工人、農民與及當地社區的健康、教育、環境、經濟等。農民或工人決定最重要優先順序為自己與管理使用公平貿易價值觀。
再者, 公平貿易的標準是要求買家提供財務金融契約、又被稱為預先資金、若生產商詢問它。 這是為了協助生產商能夠存取資金克服下列其中一項最大的障礙來開發。 此推廣可協助經濟發展的整個鄉村社群及創業。
3) Environmental development:
Fair trade standards include requirements for environmentally sound agricultural practices. The focus areas are: minimized and safe use of agrochemicals, proper and safe management of waste, maintenance of soil fertility and water resources and no use of genetically modified organisms. Fair trade standards do not require organic certification as part of its requirements. However, organic production is promoted and is rewarded by higher Fair trade Minimum Prices for organically grown products.
3 ) 環境開發 :
公平貿易的標準要求包括環保農業實務。 重點領域有 : 最小化和安全使用農用化學品 、適當及安全地管理廢棄物、維護對健康造成影響繁殖醫學、水資源及不可用基因工程改造微生物。 公平貿易標準並不需要有機認證的需求。 然而 , 有機生產已獲推廣及榮獲有機發展產品最高的公平貿易最低價格。
4) Forced labor and child labor:
Forced labor and child labor are prohibited in the Fair trade standards.Principles for small producer organizations and hired labor situations. Besides the common principles described above, there are specific principles that apply to small producer organizations and hired labor situations.
- Principles specific to small producer organizations. Members must be small producers. The majority of the members of the organization must be smallholders (small-scale farmers) who don’t depend on hired workers all the time but run their farm mainly by using their own and their family’s labor. Democracy, profits should be equally distributed among the producers. All members have a voice and vote in the decision-making process of the organization.
- Principles specific to hired labor situations. Management of the Fair trade Premium. The Joint Body, which includes workers and management, is responsible for the management of the Fair trade Premium in accordance with Fair trade standards. Freedom of association & collective bargaining, workers has the right to join an independent union to collectively negotiate their working conditions. Working conditions are equitable for all workers. Salaries must be equal or higher than the regional average or than the minimum wage. Health and safety measures must be established in order to avoid work-related injuries. If you want to find out more about Fair trade standards for small producer organizations and/or for hired labor situations, you can read our explanatory documents.
4) 剝削人權和童工 :
強制勞動和兒童勞工是不得在公平交易作標準。原則適用於小型生產組織及僱用人力處境。 除了共同原則如前所述 , 有特定原則套用到小生產者組織及僱用人力處境。
- 原理特定於小生產組織成員必須為小型生產商。 大部分的組織成員必須為小型的大規模農民, 不依賴於雇用員工所有的時間但執行主要是使用他們自己及其家人的勞力。 公民權利, 利潤應分配到生產商, 所有的會員都有權發言和投票作決策。
- 特定原則以僱用勞工處境, 管理優越的公平貿易。 聯合體 , 當中是包括員工和管理 , 負責管理公平貿易依照公平貿易標準。 自由協會及就勞資雙方工資等問題進行談判; 集體議價 , 工作者有權加入獨立聯盟來統稱交涉的工作條件, 運作狀況, 工作條件是衡平所有員工的工資。工資必須等於或高於地區平均或超過最低薪資。 健康與安全性措施必須建立在相關的工作人員避免受傷。 如果您想瞭解更多有關公平貿易標準的小型生產商組織或僱用人力狀況 , 您可以閱讀我們的說明文件。